We love Uluru and The Outback, so we put together 20 photos to show you the best things to see and do on any trip to the Red Centre.
1. There is nowhere on earth quite like Uluru, the heart of Australia.
You have to go there to see what we mean. It’s a feeling.
2. The sunsets will blow you away.
3. The night skies make you feel like you’re dreaming.
4. Red roads.
5. You can visit the Kangaroo Sanctuary. Warning: Milly and Tilly will steal your heart.
Why not stay in Alice Springs longer and tick off our list of the best things to do?
6. The water holes are out of this world. Oh and they’re croc free too.
You can check even more of the best swimming spots in the Northern Territory on our blog.
7. Look into Australia's history through art that has existed for thousands of years.
8. Deserted hiking trails that look like this.
9. Watch out on the roads for camels crossing!
10. Tractor tyres are given a new lease of life.
11. So we mentioned the sunsets already but the sunrises are pretty unforgettable too.
12. Kata Tjuta, and it’s just as captivating as Uluru.
13. You will never find yourself in a traffic jam.
14. There’s luxury in the desert and it looks like this.
15. Amazing views on the Kings Canyon Rim walk.
16. When your breakfast is accompanied by a spot of wildlife watching.
You can check out more of our favourite places to see Australian animals in the wild on our blog.
17. Wild landscapes
18. Dining under the stars.
19. The incredible colours of the Outback.
20. Even the view from the plane is dramatic.
If this has you wanting more, then you might like the following blogs:
- Best swimming spots in the Northern Territory
- Best things to do in Alice Springs
- Our guide to Kakadu
- The best things to do near Darwin
- When is the best time to visit Australia
- The best places to see wild animals in Australia
- 12 reasons you should go to Coober Pedy
- Best time to visit Uluru & Alice Springs
Like it? Pin it!
Have you been to the Outback? Do you love it as much as we do? Have any tips for our next trip? Leave a comment and let's start a conversation!