More than just a stopover
To the majority of travellers, Hong Kong is a connection on the way to somewhere else. However, it rewards those who explore a little with some unforgettable experiences.
Within a short distance you can be transported out of the bustle of one of Asia's best cities and on the top of a mountain in a National Park.
- Top Tip: Hong Kong has some incredible hikes that have the best views in the city. Heading out of the city offers rewards!
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar
- Visa: Hong Kong offers a visa on arrival for up to 90 days for the majority of countries.
- Safety: Hong Kong is very safe.
- When to go: Hong Kong is warm all year round, but can get incredibly humid. We travelled in October and found this to warm without being stiflingly hot.
- Peak Season: October - February (or Chinese New Year)
- Off Season: June - September (Incredibly hot and cyclone season)
- Walk My World Cost Index: $$$$ Hong Kong is pretty pricey, but you can find cheapish places to stay and ways to get around.