The best kept secret in Asia
Well, it is not so much of a secret anymore! People are now clueing into the beauty of The Philippines as it's quickly becoming the place to visit in Asia.
- Top Tip: The pull of paradise islands such as Palawan is strong, but don't overlook the north of Luzon. Here you'll find stunning rice terraces and a very different side of The Philippines.
- Visa: The Philippines offers a visa on arrival for most nationalities staying up to 30 days.
- When to go: The Philippines has similar seasons to the rest of South-East Asia
- Peak Season: Dec - April (avoid Christian holidays such as Christmas and Easter as the whole country is on holiday and hotels get fully booked)
- Off Season: Rainy season between May and October
- Walk My World Cost Index: $$ - Outside of the main tourist hubs, the Philippines can be very cheap. Although the food has a lot to be desired.....