The best kept secret in Asia
Well, it is not so much of a secret anymore! People are now clueing into the beauty of The Philippines as it's quickly becoming the place to visit in Asia.
- Top Tip: The pull of paradise islands such as Palawan is strong, but don't overlook the north of Luzon. Here you'll find stunning rice terraces and a very different side of The Philippines.
- Currency: Philippino Pesos
- Visa: The Philippines offers a visa on arrival for most nationalities staying up to 30 days.
- Safety: On the whole, The Philippines is very safe, especially if you stick to the tourist areas. There are some parts of Manila which are dodgy and avoid Mindanao, but the majority of the country is safe.
- When to go: The Philippines has similar seasons to the rest of South-East Asia
- Peak Season: Dec - April (avoid Christian holidays such as Christmas and Easter as the whole country is on holiday and hotels get fully booked)
- Off Season: Rainy season between May and October
- Walk My World Cost Index: $$ - Outside of the main tourist hubs, the Philippines can be very cheap. Although the food has a lot to be desired.....