Australia is unlike anywhere else.
Within this continent, there's the world's largest barrier reef, a huge red desert, stunning white sand beaches, incredible wildlife and endless hiking opportunities.
- Top tip - The real Australia is out of the cities. Whilst places like Sydney and Melbourne are great, the highlight of any trip to Australia are the natural wonders, its wildlife, the Great Barrier Reef, the Outback and the thousands of beaches.
- Currency: Australian Dollars
- Visa - Australia requires a visa before arrival. Tourists can stay for up to three months.
- Safety: Australia is very safe.
- When to go - You can visit at any time of year, but check out our guide to choose the best time for you.
- Peak Season: November - January
- Off Season: June - August
- Walk My World Cost Index: $$$$$ - Australia isn't cheap (it is comparable to New Zealand). Even after the high cost to get here, most people easily spend over $150 per day even on a tight budget.