The Lion City has long been a favourite of travellers.
In the UK, Singapore was always referred to a place of staggering order, cleanliness and a glimpse into the future. It still has all of these things, but it's adding more and more incredible things to draw in travellers.
Singapore is one of the best cities in Asia to visit, however it doesn't come cheaply. Hotel prices are very expensive and even food is pricey. But a short trip here will be one you remember.
- Top Tip: Public transport in Singapore is remarkably cheap. We got trips across the island for $2.30 SGD (about $1.50 USD).
- Currency: Singapore Dollar
- Visa: Singapore offers a visa on arrival for most nationalities staying up to 30 days.
- When to go: Singapore is hot, humid and rainy all year and doesn't seem to have seasons.
- Safety: Very safe.
- Walk My World Cost Index: $$$$$ - Singapore is as pricey as it gets. Sadly there's not really anyway around it.