- Top Tip: Don't overlook the Cameron Highlands. While the paradise islands are stunning, the Cameron Highlands is a very cool area to explore.
- Currency: Malaysian Ringitt
- Visa: Malaysia offers a visa on arrival for most nationalities staying up to 30 days.
- Safety: Malaysia is very safe.
- When to go: Malaysia is rainy all year, but it gets worse between November and April (rainy season).
- Peak Season: July - September
- Off Season: November - April
- Walk My World Cost Index: $$$ - Malaysia is more expensive than Thailand, but nowhere near the cost of Singapore. Don't let this put you off as you can travel Malaysia on the cheap and see stunning islands, incredible rainforest and some of the best food in Asia.